Voting Rights Act goes into effect July 1
On July 1, 2021, Del. Price's bill, the Voting Rights Act of Virginia, became law to help protect our democracy in Virginia. This was a collaborative effort led by Del. Price with amazing partners Sen. Jennifer McClellan, New Virginia Majority, The Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Advancement Project, and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. It is modeled after the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965 and takes Virginia in a different direction by fighting voter suppression versus enabling it. Click to read more about the bill, coverage on the bill, and updates on Voting Rights!
- HB 1890 - Legislation known as The Voting Rights Act of Virginia
- The Women Behind the VRA of VA
- AP News Coverage of VA and Voting Rights
- Daily Press Editorial on Voting Rights
- NY Times on VA Voting Rights Work
- VA Dems Expand Voting Rights & Ballot Access